Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year...


Happy New Year to all!  And Merry (belated) Christmas while I'm at it! 

Hope everyone had a great holiday with friends and loved ones.  I know I did.  Well, as much as I could manage while being a Grinch.  Holidays are just too much for me most times.  Too stimulating with so much visiting, noise, and stress.  I start off so positive, but as the stress and social engagements start to pile up, I get so overwhelmed I end up shutting down and becoming a hermit.  Its my only defense.  That being said, I do love seeing all my family and I love the spirit of Christmas.

Sorry, bit of a tangent there.   Back on point.  Happy New Year!

2014 was a tough one, one I would not like to repeat.  2015 is going to be my year.  I'm going to really focus on my goals.  I have so many.

1) Clean up my eating habits.
I am terrible for eating properly.  I feel this is due in part by me feeling sick all the time.  Who wants to make food when you feel like you've been hit by a truck or have a pounding headache for the third day in a row?  Not me!  Hence, I buy convenience foods, eat out, or just don't eat.  None of this is healthy.  This year, I'm going to focus more on prepping meals in advance and I feel that will help with a lot of my problems.  If I already have a meal ready to cook, what's my excuse for eating out? 

2) Write more.
I just love to write, but I never do it.  That's going to change.

3) Less TV, more books.
Says it all really.

I have several smaller goals that I will be working on as well, but these 3 are my main focus.  If I can dedicate even a fraction of my day on any of them, I will be a better person for it.

What about everyone else?  Who else has new goals for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment